Jeroen J.L.M. Cornelissen
Prof. dr. Jeroen J.L.M. Cornelissen
Professor of Organic Chemistry, Chair of the Biomolecular Nanotechnology group.
MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology, Faculty of Science & Technology, UT
Jeroen Cornelissen (1972) studied chemistry with a minor in polymer chemistry carried out at the Eindhoven University of Technology with Prof. E.W. Meijer and a major in Supramolecular Chemistry and Catalysis at the University of Nijmegen with Prof. R.J.M. Nolte. He received his PhD (cum laude) from the latter university in 2001 for research carried out under the supervision of Prof. R.J.M. Nolte. After post-doctoral work at the IBM Almaden Research Center in San Jose, U.S.A. he returned to Nijmegen, where he was appointed as an Assistant Professor until 2009 when he took up his present position as Full Professor. From September 2015 to February 2018 he acted as the Scientific Director of the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology at the University of Twente. Prof. Cornelissen is the present Deputy-Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Materials Chemistry B, published by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Present research interest: well-defined polymer architectures, hybrid systems of synthetic macromolecules and biopolymers and the use of viruses as building blocks in functional materials
H-index = 44, > 7,500 citations (WoS, Febr. 2018).
1. S. Sinn, L. Yang, F. Biedermann, D. Wang, C. Kübel, J.J.L.M. Cornelissen and L. de Cola, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, in press; DOI: 10.1021/jacs.7b12447; "Templated Formation of Luminescent Virus-like Particles by Tailor- Made Pt(II) Amphiphiles"
2. R.M. Putri, C. Allende-Ballestero, D. Luque, R. Klem, K-A. Rousou, A. Liu, C.H.-H. Traulsen, W.F. Rurup, M.S.T. Koay, J.R. Castón and J.J.L.M. Cornelissen, ACS Nano, 2017, 11 (12), pp 12796–12804, DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b07669; “Structural Characterization of Native and Modified Encapsulins as Nanoplatforms for in Vitro Catalysis and Cellular Uptake”
3. M. Brasch, R.M. Putri, M.V. de Ruiter, D. Luque, M.S.T. Koay, J.R. Castón and J.J.L.M. Cornelissen, J. Am. Chem. Soc, 139(4), 1512-1519; DOI: 10.1021/jacs.6b10948; “Assembling Enzymatic Cascade Pathways inside Virus-Based Nanocages Using Dual-Tasking Nucleic Acid Tags”
4. W.F. Rurup, J. Snijder, M.S.T Koay, A. Heck and J.J.L.M. Cornelissen, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 136 (10), pp 3828–3832, DOI: 10.1021/ja410891c, “Self-Sorting of Foreign Proteins in a Bacterial Nanocompartment”
5. S. Iamsaard, S.J. Aβhoff, B. Matt, T. Kudernac, J.J.L.M. Cornelissen, S.P. Fletcher and N. Katsonis, Nature Chemistry, 2014, 6, 229 – 235, DOI:10.1038/nchem.1859, “Conversion of light into macroscopic helical motion”