Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics, CAS
Chunhai Fan obtained his B.S. and Ph.D. from the Department of Biochemistry at Nanjing University in 1996 and 2000. After his postdoctoral research at University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), he joined the faculty at Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics (SINAP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in 2004. He is now Professor and Chief of the Division of Physical Biology at SINAP and the Bioimaging Center of Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility (SSRF). He is also an adjunct professor of the Biodesign Institute at Arizona State University. He is a fellow of AAAS, RSC and ISE. He serves as an Associate Editor of ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces and serves on the editorial board of over ten international journals. Dr. Fan has published ~300 papers in peer-reviewed journals, and he was recognized as High Cited Researchers in 2014-2017 by Thomson Reuters.
1. J. Li, A. A. Green, H. Yan, C. Fan, Engineering nucleic acid structures for programmable molecular circuitry and intracellular biocomputation. Nature Chem. 9, 1056 (2017).
2. H. Zhang, J. Chao, D. Pan, H. Liu, Y. Qiang, K. Liu, C. Cui, J. Chen, Q. Huang, J. Hu, L. Wang, W. Huang, Y. Shi and C. Fan, DNA origami-based shape IDs for single-molecule nanomechanical genotyping. Nature Commun. 8, 14738 (2017).
3. M. Liu, Q. Li, L. Liang, J. Li, K. Wang, J. Li, M. Lv, N. Chen, H. Song, J. Lee, J. Shi, L. Wang, R. Lal, C. Fan, Realtime visualization of clustering and intracellular transport of gold nanoparticles by correlative imaging. Nature Commun. 8, 15646 (2017).
4. X. Qu, S. Wang, Z. Ge, J. Wang, G. Yao, J. Li, X. Zuo, J. Shi, S. Song, L. Wang, L. Li, H. Pei, C. Fan, Programming cell adhesion for on-chip sequential Boolean logic functions. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 139, 10176 (2017).
5. X. Qu, D. Zhu, G. Yao, S. Su, J. Chao, H. Liu, X. Zuo, L. Wang, J. Shi, L. Wang, W. Huang, H. Pei, C. Fan, An Exonuclease III-Powered on-particle Stochastic DNA Walker. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 56, 1855 (2017).